Intern Work Program
- Are you interested in gaining experience working in a professional business environment?
- Are you exploring a career in IT, Engineering, Accounting or general clerical?
- Would you like to get your foot in the door at Caterpillar?
The Heartland Technical Academy is now working with Caterpillar to place high school students in paid internship positions. Students who are hired MUST enroll in the Cooperative Work Education Program to participate as both companies require a minimum 15 to 20 hour work week during the first shift (daytime). The companies do make all the hiring decisions, so we do not recommend that you sign up for Cooperative Work Education program until you have been hired unless you are planning to enroll in the program anyway.
Internship Candidate Requirements
- Minimum GPA of 2.8/4.0 or 3.5/5.0
- Good Attendance Record
- Legally authorized to work in US
- Age Requirements: Caterpillar: At least 16 years of age, ADM: Senior student in fall 13/14 school year
- General Clerical
- Information Technology
- Others as Program Develops
Internship Hiring Process
(person/entity responsible in bold)
- Students: Contact Mrs. Tonya Rueff at 217-362-2832 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your name as interested candidate. Students who meet the GPA requirements will be invited to submit a resume to apply.
- Students: Develop a Resume and submit it to the Tech Academy (drop off, mail in or email). Need help developing your resume? Link to our Job Search Tools page for help with resumes, applications, cover letters and interviews.
- Tech Academy Staff: Resumes will be submitted to the companies via paper and the Tech Academy will hold a session to facilitate an online application procedure.
- Caterpillar: The companies will review the applicants and contact those they wish to interview.
- Caterpillar: The companies will contact those students they wish to hire.
- Students: Once the position has been offered and accepted, the student should see their home school guidance counselor to enroll in the Cooperative Work Education Program class at the Tech Academy. This will enable them to acquire high school graduation credit for working at their internship. The internship is supervised, with reports periodically submitted to the Tech Academy. These reports and other class work will determine the students' grade for the Cooperative Work Education Program.
Download & Print the Intern Work Program Flyer